Theatre of the Oppressed: A Strategy for Equity in Classroom
14th Conference of California Association of Freirean Educators and Paulo Freire Institute present!
A workshop for educators with
Saturday, April 2, 2016
12:30 - 3:30 pm
3340 Moore Hall
The UCLA Paulo Freire Institute invites educators to explore Theatre of the Oppressed (TO) as a dramatic strategy to promote equity in diverse classrooms. In this workshop, participants will:
· receive a base-knowledge for TO;
· experience several real-time TO techniques for the classroom;
· experience the impact of interactive activities in the development of an egalitarian classroom;
· dialogue about the activities they take part in order to discover the myriad academic and social applications;
· consider the social issues relevant to students in the L.A. public schools.
This event is free and open to public!